suz in rome



27 giugno 2006

035 italia vince!


Ciao tutti, thought I'd post a picture of just a normal, every-day street in Rome.

OK. Calcio. Game time was at 5 pm local time, and I didn't get off work until 6 pm, so I walked through Trastevere until I found a bar with a visible TV. The bar was packed with people, so I joined a small crowd in the street standing up & watching the game.

The score was 0-0 through regular play, and in the "extra time", time was about to expire when an Australian player caused an Italian player with a chance at scoring to fall down. The ref called a penalty, and on the free kick, Totti scored a goal for Italy as time expired! It was very exciting, and I saw people dancing silly little dances in the streets immediately afterwards.

Then, for the next 2 or 3 hours, all I heard was honking horns, people singing songs, and the roar of motorcycles and flap of red, green, & white flags. Crazy!

So, on the controversial reffing call, Italy advances to the Elite 8, and will next face Ukraine on Friday night.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonimo said...

You rootin' for Italy or the Ukes?

 
At 10:25 AM GMT+1, Blogger smr said...

um... I will be rooting for Italy, of course!

 

Posta un commento

<< Home