suz in rome



22 giugno 2006

027 miei documenti


Ooooh, yesterday I got an official card from the Italian government (Ministry of Culture) that gives me free entrance to pretty much anything in Rome. I am very excited. The ICOMOS card gets you in to the bigger places (Vatican Museums, Castel Sant'Angelo), but I doubt that it would be recognized in the smaller places. So now, I don't have to worry about spending 10 euros to visit the Colosseum. It doesn't seem like much, but these things can add up quickly. So now, between these 3 IDs, I shouldn't have any problems getting into any museums or cultural sites in the city, so I will be visiting Villa Borghese, Villa Farnese, Museo Capitolino, Musei Vaticani, Catacombe, etc etc.

Also, you'll notice that my title on the card is Dr.sa., which stands for "dottoressa". This translates directly to 'doctor', but it is really just a title given to anyone with a college degree.