suz in rome



10 agosto 2006

121 il passetto


(above: the "Passetto", secret passage between the Vatican, to the left, and Castel Sant'Angelo, to the right)

Crossing the street in Rome is an adventure for a pedestrian. I can't tell you how many times that my survival instinct has kicked in and I have had to sprint out of the way of a motorcycle or car.

This makes me really wonder about these little old ladies that I see slowly crossing the street.
They aren't spry enough to hustle out of the way, but they do glare angrily at uncoming traffic, which is apparently pretty effective.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonimo said...

Boy, Now that's what I call a "SECRET" passage. No one would ever think to look there for one :)

DadMan

 
At 11:27 AM GMT+1, Blogger smr said...

I guess you just have to imagine it in the medieval context, today it sticks out like a sore thumb!

 

Posta un commento

<< Home