suz in rome



19 giugno 2006

021 fontana di trevi


I did this sketch at the Fontana di Trevi on Saturday night with an icy granita al caffè. The Fontana di Trevi is always SWARMING with people, but I managed to snag a little hidden seat in the corner where no one would bother me, listened to some tunes with my headphones, and enjoyed the cool evening as the sun went down and the lights came on and illuminated the fountain in brilliant yellow washes.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I lost track of time a little and missed the beginning of the USA-Italy soccer game!

I hopped on the number 70 bus to get back home & both the bus and streets were empty since everyone in Italy was in front of a television for the game. The game ended in a tie. We'll know on the 22nd whether Italy and/or USA will advance to the next round.